Performs core technical aspects to supports infrastructure implementations, deployments and technologies related to dynamic infrastructure platforms.
· Participates in current state system analysis, requirements gathering, and documentation
· Supports configuration and implementation deployments.
· Contributes to the creation of technical design/implementation documentation
· Supports requirements understanding and issue resolution
· Participates in troubleshooting capacity and availability issues, various moves/adds/changes, server software installation and configuration
· Participates in test planning and execution
· Work with project teams to prepare components for production
· Provide support for ongoing platform infrastructure availability
· Works on prioritized/assigned features for ongoing sprints
Range of Impact/Influence:
· Accountable for team completing work you’re leading and work you are doing as agreed upon
· Accountable to team for delivery of quality work
- Systems Engineer/Administrator with 5 + years of experience in VMware vSphere global virtualization, Windows Servers, Linux, Storage, and networking infrastructure.
- Experience in designing, deploying virtual networks, and upgrading systems including hardware, software, networks, databases, servers, and peripheral equipment.
- Managing Cloud infrastructure, vCloud Director, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Office 365, VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), VMware vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Operations Manager (vROps).
- Extensive experience in setting up VMware clusters, HA, DRS, FT, Backup, Access and Authentication Control, Update manager.
- Extensive experience in large multi-domain Active Directory.
- Extensive experience with GPOs, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Terminal servers, File servers, Print serves.
- Configure and manage the automated backup solution using Data Protector.
- Migration of vCenter, ESXi host, Active Directory, and other Windows servers.
- Setting up of new chassis, blade serves, building ESXi hosts, Clusters, building Windows and Linux virtual machines.
- Configuring iDrac, KVM, Raid, NIC teaming, link aggregation.
- Patch management of ESXi hosts and virtual servers.
- Managing SAN and NAS.
- Extensive experience in Incident, change, and problem management.
- Datacentre management and consolidation.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI networking models, and routing protocols.
- Experience implementing network security, active directory security hardening, deletion, access control, and user administration.
- Experienced with x86 / x64 Intel, HP, Dell, Confidential hardware like blade servers, rack-mounted servers, tower servers,
- Extensive experience working in cloud and infrastructure as a service.
- ITIL & other technical certification is an added advantage.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills; experience with project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.