Purpose of the job
• Manage, support and resolve application (Oracle SQL & PL/SQL) related issues within agreed service
• Develop, maintain, and deliver quality Oracle SQL & PL/SQL application code fix/patch on time
• Ensure Oracle DB volume / performance requirements are met.
• Provide periodic 24/7 on-call application support (Oracle SQL & PL/SQL) for customer’s production
environment, as needed.
• Respond to application issues/problems within agreed service levels.
• Work closely with our Support Analysts in gathering relevant data, logs and other information from
• Investigate and conduct root cause analysis; recommend corrective actions, i.e., code fix, data
• Develop quality code fix for identified Oracle DB-related bugs and prepare data correction/recovery
• Build/modify Oracle DB objects such as stored procedures, packages, functions, triggers, views, etc.
• Handle SQL/PL-SQL performance tuning activities using various performance reports such as
(AWR)/ADDM/ASH, EXPLAIN PLANs, diagnostic traces, etc.
• Write unit test cases & perform solid unit testing to ensure DB code fix is working as expected; this
should be supported by appropriate / sufficient documentation deliverables
• Build / prepare DB patch releases accompanied by relevant documentation for patch deployment
• Take ownership & provide end-to-end support on patch deployment and testing
• Install, setup and maintain local production replica environment for simulations
• Participate in team brainstorming sessions to identify technical tasks, work estimations, etc.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• At least 4 – 6 years of development/application support experience in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL.
• Solid experience in SQL & PL/SQL performance tuning
• Experience Oracle DB admin tasks (basic)
• Experience in Oracle DB versions 10g, 11g, 12c & 19c
• Knowledge of Windows Batch scripting & Linux Shell Scripting
• Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows Server is required
• Experience in basic Oracle DB data migration tasks like import/export
• Experience in working with performance reports such as ADDM, AWR, EXPLAIN PLAN, etc.
• Experience in managing Oracle DBs in various Operating Systems like Linux and Windows.
• Strong in PL/SQL design, coding standards and principles
• Knowledge of security standards (encryption, authentication) for database and in general for web is
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good team player
• At least Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred in Computer Science/IT), or equivalent.
• Experience on payment, loyalty and retail business operations is an added value
Preferred/Good to have knowledge on the below:
• Agile/scrum development methodology
• MySQL, NoSQL databases
• CVS, Git, GitHub
• IDE tools like PL/SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL Developer
• Knowledge of Oracle RAC (10g & above)
• BI tools like Qlik
• Experience working with web based application projects
• Knowledge of basic networking concepts and file transfer methods
• Knowledge of basic Oracle Database architecture and concepts
• Working with Oracle DBs on public clouds
• Oracle SQL/PL-SQL certifications (OCP, OCM, etc.)
• Experience on working with Oracle Support
• Experience on installation and upgrade of Oracle
• knowledge on Oracle management tools (Data Guard, RMAN, Data pump)
Skills and Competencies:
PL/SQL, SQL development, Oracle database basic administration and performance, keen interest on
technologies, confident, agile, independent and good communicator. Strong team player who can
communicate well & coach/motivate peers.
The role requires one who –
• Has strong experience on problem-solving
• Has strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Is resourceful/creative, a good decision-maker and assertive
• Has strong technical hands-on and good appetite for latest trends and various technologies
• Has strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Is self-driven, proactive, independent and who can work with minimal supervision
• Able to excel in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
• Can work well, both independently and as a team player
• Is enthusiastic in learning new technologies and
• Agile to change