Job Description for Configuration Management/Release Management (Lead Level)
Industry experience: 5+ years of working experience on Release and Configuration Management and DevOps
Release and Configuration Management and DevOps Engineer(Lead Level) is responsible for end-to-end ownership for the configuration management of source code, builds, deliverables, hotfix, and infrastructure and also responsible for setting up DevOps pipeline and tools, infrastructure tools required to develop, build, install, configure, and manage the team.
Expected to help evolve and define the architecture, development strategy for deploying DevOps tools and practices by collaborating with various stake holders.
Leads and manages the Release team.
- Train team members on project release process.
- Manages day to day activities of Release team.
- Responsible for all application release management processes.
- Evaluate application problems, perform impact assessment and recommend / provide solutions or workarounds which involve release management.
- Responsible for the Release Management lifecycle that involves the stages such as scheduling the release, coordinating between teams, and deployment of release.
- Ensure optimum use of technology and delivery of services.
- Explore and enhance release processes with new and emerging technologies.
- Vendor management to ensure accurate of solution delivery, timely and ensure proper version control.
- Work independently, with guidance in only the complex situations.
- Research new software configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyses their application to current configuration management needs.
- Planning and tracking of release, fix deployment, communication, and risk management.
- Experience on Source code management (Version Control System)(Git, Gitlab, GitHub).
- Experience on DevOps tools.
- Knowledge on one or more scripting languages like Shell scripts.
- Skills on configuration management, generation of build, install using tools.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux technologies
- Strong knowledge and skills in Wild fly, WebSphere, WebLogic, Node.js
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with basic concepts of deployment terms.
- Knowledge of the Oracle database is a plus.
- Able to work on shift.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.